Wednesday 22 October 2014

A bit late...

After wondering what to do for Open Evening, I decided on using the Raspberry Pis and demonstrating  Sonic Pi and using the Picamera with the GPIO pins to rig up a button. Great idea, but what about set up? Luckily I had my Sixth Form students last thing who helped me with putting the stations together, I had them try out Sonic Pi with the mini speakers and write a quick Python program to allow the cameras to take individual images all night and store them.

There was lots of interest in the Pis from both students and parents alike, with many asking about how to get one and what other things could be done on it. After the evening I had many positive comments of how impressed parents were with the use of the Pis. Roll on buying the next set so we can run full Raspberry Pi classes!

No comments:

Post a Comment